There’s never been a better time to straighten your teeth with the most advanced clear aligner in the world. Our office is proud to be a certified provider of Invisalign clear aligners, which give you a clear, convenient, and comfortable option to achieve the smile you’ve always wanted.
The Invisalign system is made of clear acrylic aligners that fit over your teeth and are designed to straighten your smile. They’re removable, making it easier to eat, drink, brush and floss. Invisalign is much more comfortable than traditional metal bracket braces and can give you stunning results.
The Invisalign Treatment Process
Your First Consultation
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your orthodontic needs and evaluate whether Invisalign treatment is right for you.
Your Custom Treatment Plan
We will use a scanner such as the iTero® digital scanning system to create fast, precise 3D digital images of your teeth. Then we will map out a precise treatment plan, including the exact movements of your teeth and how long your treatment will be. You’ll even get to see how your teeth will move and preview your new smile.
Your Invisalign Clear Aligners
Your custom-made aligners will be made of Invisalign’s proprietary SmartTrack® material. They’re virtually invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them during your teeth straightening.
Wear your Invisalign clear aligners 20 to 22 hours a day for the best results, and take them out only to eat, brush, and floss.
As you wear each set of aligners, your teeth will gently and gradually shift into place. We may recommend that you begin wearing a new set of aligners every week and schedule checkups every six weeks or so.
Why Invisalign treatment?
- Faster treatment: With weekly aligner changes, you’re on your way to the smile you want even faster. Depending on your response to treatment, particularly in mature adults, we may consider longer periods between aligner changes.
- Proven results: SmartTrack® material and SmartForce® features are clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners made from SmartTrack material are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
- Convenient: Invisalign treatment is ideal for your busy schedule, since you only need to visit our office every six weeks.
No More Goopy Impressions
The iTero Element Scanner is a state-of-the-art digital impression system that eliminates the need for messy putty in your mouth. With our iTero Element Scanner, we can digitally capture a detailed 3D model of your teeth and gums. Not only is this process far more comfortable than the old putty based impressions, but it's faster and can help us do a better job for you.
Caring for Your Invisalign Aligners
- It’s important to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours each day for them to do their job and straighten your teeth. But, with Invisalign, you can remove your aligners for special occasions.
- Take proper care of your aligners and practice good oral hygiene to keep your Invisalign aligners clean, invisible and odor-free.
- You can easily remove your aligners to eat and drink, but clean them properly after or it can result in discoloration and build up bacteria.
- To keep your aligners clear, periodically clear debris with a soft toothbrush and water.
- Don’t use toothpaste because it has abrasives that can create microabrasions that will make your aligners look cloudy and dull.
- Do not use denture cleaners to clean aligners and do not soak your aligners in mouthwash. These products can damage the surface of the plastic causing it to become more visible, sometimes making the teeth look somewhat yellow.
- Rinse your aligners when you remove them: Dry saliva and plaque create a perfect breeding ground for foul smelling bacteria.
- Brush and floss your teeth before reinserting your aligners: Proper oral hygiene is key in maintaining healthy teeth and avoiding cavities and decay.
- Brush your aligners gently: Vigorous brushing can scratch your aligners and leave visible etchings. Brush carefully!
- Do not eat or drink (anything but water) while wearing Invisalign. Many foods and drinks can stain or discolor your aligners.
- And remember, using toothpaste to clean your aligners will scratch the plastic and dull your aligners. These scratches can also create small traps in your aligners for bacteria to dwell.
Taking Care of Your New Smile
When your treatment is complete, ask us about a Vivera® retainer. Vivera retainers are custom-made using the same state-of-the-art technology as Invisalign clear aligners.
To learn more about the Invisalign system and all your orthodontic treatment options, please feel free to schedule an appointment at our office. We look forward to meeting you and helping you achieve a smile that’s made to move!